Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

select rows with unique ID

MassimoDM
7 - Meteor

hello, I am a beginner and i apologize if the question is reduntant.

I have a table that looks like this: 

IDVALUE

the content of value really doesn't matter right now. I'd like to select only those rows for which ID is unique. this should be the result:

IDVALUE

I can't think of an easy way to do this. Note that this is different from what Unique Tool does.

Can someone help? thanks

6 REPLIES 6
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @MassimoDM,

you could use this:

Untitled.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Regards

tonypreece
10 - Fireball

Hi @MassimoDM 

I almost suggested the unique tool until I read to the end. Here's how you can do it!

Use a Summarise tool and add ID twice: Group by ID and Count ID. Then add a filter for Count = 1 (these are unique).

Finally join your input data back with the filtered unique IDs (Join ID = ID) to only return those records with unique IDs.

tonyp_0-1581684006144.png

AlteryxUserFL
11 - Bolide

The best way to do this is with one tool: The Unique Only tool (Crew Macro Tab). I have attached a sample workflow. 

Capture.PNG

MassimoDM
7 - Meteor

thanks @afv2688 and thanks @tonypreece, both solutions work just fine

MassimoDM
7 - Meteor

you're attachment doesnt actually contain the macro, but I guess I can create one myself with the solution proposed above. thanks!

AlteryxUserFL
11 - Bolide

You may not have crew macros enabled / installed.  I would highly recommend using them. The unique only macro / tool is pre-built.    

Crew Macrows.PNG

Labels