Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

searching workflows by output files

egmp777
5 - Atom

Hi,

I am having difficulty tracking which workflow produces output for other workflow. I need this in order to expedite debugging of a project that has about 20 workflows. I spend too much time trying to track which workflow  produced output x which is used as input by workflow a.

Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
clant
8 - Asteroid

Hi @egmp777 

If you press ctrl+f you get the find menu. In this you can type a file path and it will give you the input/output tools which contain these. Hope this helps

cheers

chris

egmp777
5 - Atom

Hi Clant, Thanks for the tip. But what I am really looking for is for the workflow that produces and input data tool used by another workflow. So, if workflow B uses  data input D1, I need to find which workflow produced data input D1.

I hope this makes sense, and that there is some solution...

Best

egmp777
5 - Atom

Awesome! Thanks. I

Best

ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

Here's how I search all of our workflows, which are stored under a single folder:

Use Notepad++

First use Windows Explorer to find only file types YXMD, YXMC, and YXWZ    (workflow, macro, app)

Select all of the files in Windows Explorer, right-click, and choose Edit with Notepad++

The use the Notepad++ find function with the button "Find All in All Opened Documents".  It might take a while, but it works.

Chris

Labels