community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

scheduler errors when manual run is successful when using Salesforce Input connectors

Alteryx Partner

Hi,

Using the scheduler to download tables from Salesforce and write them into a MS SQL server. This works fine when run manually. But when run on the scheduler gets error "Error transferring data: Failure when receiving data from the peer"

This used to be a common error on the deprecated salesforce connector when running manually. So happy to say the new salesforce connector works without this error except when scheduled.

I am unable to set an alias and there is no other config I can change.

I really need a solution here.

Log file attached 

Alteryx Certified Partner
Alteryx Certified Partner

It seems like there might be access issues between the Controller (the machine running your Alteryx workflow from the scheduler) and Salesforce.

I've seen similar errors with the social media tools when access to Twitter is limited.

Sr. Community Content Manager

Agreed. First thing I'd do is check with your IT to make sure the Salesforce API isn't blocked by the firewall on your server. If you need immediate assistance on the Alteryx side I'd suggest you reach out to Support: http://www.alteryx.com/support

Alteryx Partner

Could you elaborate in your answer a little further please?

Alteryx Partner

I've already been through all the drama of the firewall issue. The salesforce connector now seems to be proxy aware so this should not be an issue.

The error "Error transferring data: Failure when receiving data from the peer" is a constant nuisance and I wish Alteryx would resolve to make the salesforce connectors more reliable 

To elaborate, from your original post, it sounds as though when you run locally the Salesforce tool runs successfully. When you schedule to run on the server, that's when you start having issues. This indicates to me that the Salesforce tool is working properly - the problem is that the firewall on the server is blocking your connection to the Salesforce API. I'll again recommend that the fastest way to get a resolution to the problem is to contact Alteryx support here: http://www.alteryx.com/support. However if you you would prefer to continue the conversation here please answer the following questions.

• What version of Alteryx are you running?
  • Does the scheduled process error every time in the same manner or does it sometimes complete successfully?

We have people here at Alteryx that successfully use the Salesforce Input tool in scheduled workflows. If you can, you could try to remote desktop into the server that is running the workflow and run the process manually there to test the connection.

Highlighted

[I mention the above because the Salesforce tools use the Download tool under the hood]

Alteryx Partner

Hi Neil,

using 10.1 with a desktop scheduler.

The sometimes the jobs complete and sometimes they don't However it is always the error "connection from the Peer"

I've even turned these into APP's and run from the command line and as well as using windows scheduler to schedule them. I still get the "peer error" 

My issue with these salesforce connectors is that they are not very reliable. I have to constantly check if they have run.

Alteryx Partner

This is a good post. I will check when I am on site. Currently have remote connectivity issues

Labels