Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

saving the row with the latest status

becki
8 - Asteroid

i have data which is tracking the life of a vehicle, by VIN:  the order, the creation, the transport and the retail sale, in one file.  i want to report only on the last entry, for each VIN.  if i inverse the data (since its appended to each day) and summarize on the vin, how do i bring in the rest of the fields with it?  (In ACL, the language I used to work in, there was an "ALL" command that would just carry along the rest of the fields, from whatever row).  

thanks

becki kain

4 REPLIES 4
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@becki,

If you SORT by VIN, [Date] instead of summarize, then use a SAMPLE tool where you select the 1st N (1) record, you should get just that newest record.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
becki
8 - Asteroid

it's a file of millions of different VINS and their statues, not just one, so that won't work.  other ideas?

carlosloureiro
5 - Atom

Hello Becki,

I am also new to Alteryx and have been using ACL Analytics for 20 years and would like your opinion on the main advantages you are having with Alteryx in relation to ACL as well as the experience of users in the business areas.

I will be very grateful for your contribution.

soccertil1108
8 - Asteroid

You can Group by column in the Sample widget. Alternately after the Sort you can Unique by VIN and get the first record for each VIN as ordered by Date desending.

Labels