Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

saving a file with the current date

cstafford
8 - Asteroid

I create a .csv file at the end of a workflow with a static filename. However, since this workflow will be run daily, I want to add the current date to the end of the static filename. How can I add this feature to the workflow?

7 REPLIES 7
jasperlch
12 - Quasar

Hi @cstafford

This can be done by adding a "Today" field using Formula tool to your dataset before the Output tool and check the box of "Take File/Table Name From Field" box in the Output tool:

Capture1.PNG

cstafford
8 - Asteroid

thank you, worked great.

sk1909
8 - Asteroid

Is there a way to format the date in this without the dashes? I need the date to be YYYYMMDD.

cstafford
8 - Asteroid

I would try the DateTimeTrim formula and concatenate as needed

DateTimeTrim(DateTimeToday(),"month"&&"day")

NJT
11 - Bolide

Now how do you do it with Excel files... and format the date @sk1909 was asking about. I'm working on a solution I can't seem to find it solved in the community in the same thread. I think I'll start a new thread that is called using current date in output file names for Excel and other formats and combine it all in one thread. I would think this would be out there already since I can't imagine people not needing this. 

cstafford
8 - Asteroid

to my knowledge and experience, it only works for .csv files.

Soraju
7 - Meteor

Did you find a solution to appending date on an excel file output?

Labels