Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

save a large dataset

Amy18
8 - Asteroid

I am trying to load a large data set into SQL sever. It is with 5 million records. 

I find loading data into SQL sever is extremely slow with Output Tool. Loading data into a Excel sheet is much faster. But excel cannot hold so much records. 

Is there any good way to do it except split the data? 

Thank you. 

3 REPLIES 3
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

How is your connection to the database configured? Try using the SQL Server Bulk Connection.

SQLBulkConnection.png

Amy18
8 - Asteroid

Hi @CharlieS

Can you show me how to use the function? I got an error. Did I do anything wrong? Thanks.

1.PNG

After typing in the user name and password, I gave the name of my table to create. In the end, I still got below error. 

2.PNG

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Amy18

Looking at your first image, you must first select a valid SQL Server Bulk Connection that is already configured on your computer:

BulkConnectorSelect.png

To configure one of these connections, open the ODBC Administrator on your computer, add a new System DSN, and I suggest using the "Native Client" drivers. If you have questions about this step, your company IT professionals should have the necessary info to complete this process.

BulkConnectorAddODBC.png

Labels