Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

running app on server, giving me the same results, trying to change file name

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

Hi all,

I am running an app on the server, I am trying to replace the path of the input files with other ones (as the app can be used by others and input their own files)

SEems like the value isnt updating on the server.

wonka1234_0-1646182566973.png

wonka1234_1-1646182589248.png

wonka1234_2-1646182639441.png

is it because my File - value = "path"  is not the same as my "Replace String" path?

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Hi @wonka1234, you need to uncheck the file within the workflow options when saving it to the Gallery. But just keep in mind that the path inserted by the user must be a path that the Server machine can also see it, for example a shared network folder. If you want that the user can use any file, such as one located on their desktop, you need to replace the text box tool with the file browse tool. 

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @wonka1234 ,

Alternatively you can change the path in your actions tool to the 'externals' path.

Hope this helps,

TheOC

Bulien
kelvin_law1
9 - Comet

Hi @wonka1234 

I think you have input the wrong string in the "Replace a specific String" field.

You should input the partial portion of your original input file in that field for the Action tools to replace.

According to your images, you should input _external\2 here.  When you run your workflow, it will take the input from users and replace that with the specified portion in the input path and continue on running your workflow.  Here is an example:

kelvinlaw_0-1646185929136.png

Before uploading your workflow to the server, you can test it in Designer first by clicking the magic ward button next to Run.

kelvinlaw_1-1646186077733.png

Or you can debug it by following this link here.

Hope it helps!!

Labels