Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

running a workflow multiple times for different categories

mstoler
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I have a workflow that runs a process for a group of records.  Part of the workflow is to select a certain number of records from this category based on ratios.  This works fine when all of the input records are the same category.

I now need to extend this workflow to apply this logic for an input source that now contains multiple categories.  What I need to do is run this workflow for each category.    This would be similar to creating a function and calling the function once for each category.

I am looking for suggestions on the best way to accomplish this in Alteryx.  This will eventually run on the Gallery.

Thank you in advance.

Michael

3 REPLIES 3
MichaelLaRose
10 - Fireball

Hi Michael @mstoler ,

You should create a batch macro to do this.

https://help.alteryx.com/2018.3/BatchMacro.htm

If you are already using an iterative macro to do what sounds like a looping process just put that in the batch macro (essentially nest the function calls).

Best,

Michael

mstoler
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

Thank You!

Will this work on Gallery (Server)?

Michael

MichaelLaRose
10 - Fireball

Yes, there shouldn't be any issues unless the tools you are using in the macro are not set up on the server (for example the R suite not being set up).

Labels