Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

run workflow incrementally?

suzb
6 - Meteoroid

Is there a way to run just one tool at a time, given that the flow's previous tools ran successfully? I have a long-running tool that I would like to keep at its state for debugging, and just run a subsequent tool.

2 REPLIES 2
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

There's not some sort of inbuilt functionality to do this as Alteryx is trying to optimize an entire workflow to run quickly not just a tool but if you want to focus on a tool to ensure it's fully completed before something else happens the perfect tool for that is the "Block Until Done" tool

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Tool-Mastery-Block-Until-Done/ta-p/...

Hope this helps!

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

If you'd like to only re-run "new" tools, and not any of your process that won't be changing, you can use the cache and run functionality. 

Essentially, the workflow will run and will be cached at whatever point you choose. It will not re-run these tools. You can continue moving your cache downstream at you debug.

For example, I might decide that I will not be changing the first two tools. I can right click on the second tool and select cache and run. This will run my workflow and "freeze" my data at that point. It will only run tools after my cache now. 

echuong1_0-1600693049310.png

Labels