Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

row to coloumn with additional coloumn

Raj_2
8 - Asteroid

Hi team, need a help to convert row format to coloum and add new header, sample below and expected

Sample

EID Code Code Amount

1     5        100

1     6        200

2     6        150

2     8      100

Expected

EID Code Code Amount Code Code Amount

1     5        100

1                                    6         200

2     6        150

2                                  8           100

so need to create a running coloumn based on eid, code and amount.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
JoshuaGostick
11 - Bolide

Hi @Raj_2,

I've built a workflow that converts your sample data to the expect results using the Transpose and Cross Tab tools. Is the workflow working as you would like it to?

row to coloumn with additional coloumn.PNG

Thanks,

Josh

Raj_2
8 - Asteroid

Thank you, It is 99%, I need a correction, how can I get the additional col in same line, now it is one below another based on EID. So , one EID one line and running code and amount col expected.

Thanks again, please help if it is a small change

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Raj_2,

The only change that needs to be made is to un-tick the "Name2" field in the final cross tab tool. This should give you the result you were looking for.

image.png     image.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know! I've attached the updated workbook for you to download if needed.

Regards,

Jonathan

Raj_2
8 - Asteroid

Thank you Jonathan, it was a great help

Labels