Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

results window not displaying data anymore

spetkae09
8 - Asteroid

i am not sure what happened but i used to be able to click on the green arrow to preview my results.  now this has stopped working. every time i  click the green arrow leaving the module to preview results it says no data available press control R to run the workflow. i am using 10.6. This must be an option or setting i can change. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

21 REPLIES 21
mborriero
11 - Bolide

Hi @spetkae09, this seems really weird to me. You should run your workflow once, then you should have the browser tool populated. 

Check if your workflow does not a error before that browser tool.

Try to add a browse tool straight after your Input to see if it get populated.

If you can attach some screenshots of your workflow after it runs, including error, that would help.

Bob_Blackey
11 - Bolide

Hi,

A little tricky to figure out without seeing it but:

1) The green arrow runs the complete workflow - after it completes running (it turns into a dark circle while it runs) you should be able to click on a tool and see the data in the results window.

2) For certain tools (filter for example) you might need to click on one of the small icons in the results window (T F etc) to see the results

3) I would also check to see that your workflow is running without errors - after the run click anywhere on the white space of the canvas and rhe results window shows you if there's any errors.

4) To see if the data if flowing - again click no the whitespace of the canvase and in the Workflow Configuration (on the left)  set the Connection Progess to Show - then you can see how many records are going through each tool.

5) you might have closed your results window - Under the VIEW menu make sure Results has a check mark.

That's a start - hope it helps. Screenshots are helpful if you need more assistance.

Cheers,
Bob

spetkae09
8 - Asteroid

well its weird, i made a sample workflow and just added a text input. then i put some sample text and pressed the run button. i click the green arrow and in the results window it always says press CRTL+R to run workflow. then i run it and it still says that. if i add a browse tool i can see the data in the results window.

Bob_Blackey
11 - Bolide

Can you attach the workflow or include a screenshot?

Bob

P.S. - General FYI - The Green arrow and Ctrl+R do the same thing (Run the workflow)

spetkae09
8 - Asteroid

on my coworkers computer they can run the workflow then click the green arrow and see the result in result window 

in my case i cannot see the results anymore ever unless i actually add a browse tool.

tiffhelp.png

Bob_Blackey
11 - Bolide

Humm.  I'm running 11.3 and I can't replicate it. I would see what version your coworkers are on.

Otherwise I would just add the browse tool. I imagine as you add additional tools you should be able to see the results. If not I would make a support call.

Cheers,

Bob

edvard
5 - Atom

Did you ever resolve this?

it could be one of these reasons:

https://help.alteryx.com/10.5/Getting_Started/Output.htm

Data does not display in the Results window for each tool when:

ptopdjian
6 - Meteoroid

Did you ever find a fix for this? I'm facing the same issue now.

MarcyB
5 - Atom

Did you ever find a solution to this problem?  I'm having the same problem now.

Labels