Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

require help with download data using AWS Cloud watch log Query with AWS API in alteryx.

We are trying to automate our data integration process. One of our source is AWS cloudwatch Query. any help or suggestions to download aws cloudwatch logs data using API in Alteryx will be a great help.

especially authentication & step to extract measures using cloudwatch query we have.

Thank you for help,

1 REPLY 1
fharper
12 - Quasar

I do not know the AWS API specifics but have used Tableau Rest API and other APIs in Download Tool and in Scripts executed from Run Command Tool.  The starting point for me has always been Postman, I use that application to work out the actual commands, sign-in , capture token, get data, post data, etc,  then use the "code" option which gives a pop-up allowing you to choose what code syntax you want to use to get the commands you worked out in that form, I typically use HTTP.  then I configure one or more Download tools accordingly.

It's kind of like SQL and Alteryx, I build and test my SQL in a good SQL tool like SSMS or other then when I have something I am happy with I copy and paste into the SQL editor of Alteryx in an Input or Dynamic input.

Postman is analogous to SSMS in this simple example.

As to the details of AWS API options I am unfamiliar and you likely need to read through the AWS docs on it.

Also, there is much on using/configuring the Download tool already in the community so I would not wish to clutter that space with reiterations of what others have provided. 

Get Postman to test and develop on the AWS API, then once you know what you want to do search the community on configuring the Download tool.

Labels