Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

replace text

ynot1088
5 - Atom

Ok i have been tasked with generating a bunch of letters in PDF format
i am kinda stuck at the moment.

the address info for each letter is located in a DB.
using this flow (formula tool - report text - render)
i can generate a PDF for each record.
the body of the letter is added using the report text tool.

the problem i am having is doing a replace text for a few place holders that i want to change with each file created.

Date
Name
Address line 1
Address line 2

Dear Name:

so if the letter is going to bob and i have a table that has the following data

Record IDnameaddress line 1address line 2
100Bob123 A St.Seattle, WA 98109

i need to replace the place holders with text from the table and it needs to match the rest of the data that is already in the PDF
the workflow is generating the PDFs just fine with the place holders. right now we are opening them one my one and updating those manually.

i even tried taking the body of the letter and using the text input tool to add it in as a table and do the replace there and then tried to layer the tables before rendering.
any help would be appreciated

2 REPLIES 2
NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

There is a drop-down option in Report Text tool that allows you to use available fields from those fed into the tool through the workflow (see attached). You can choose the "Available Fields" drop-down, and then select which fields you want to input into the body of your text. Is this what you were looking for?

ReportText.JPG

Cheers!

NJ

ynot1088
5 - Atom

wow thats all i needed just another set of eyes on it. i must have skipped right past that i dont know how many times.

thank you. 

Tony

Labels