Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

remove characters from all fields

umidjon
5 - Atom

Hello,

I have a table with 49 fields which basically looks like this:

Field 1Field 2Field 3Field 4Field xField 49
Field 1 string1##Field 2 string1##Field 3 string1##Field 4 string1##Field x string1##Field 49 string1
Field 1 string2##Field 2 string2##Field 3 string2##Field 4 string2##Field x string2##Field 49 string2
Field 1 string3##Field 2 string3##Field 3 string3##Field 4 string3##Field x string3##Field 49 string3

Is it possible to remove # from all of the fields at once?

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @umidjon 

You can use the ReplaceChar function in the Multi-Field Formula Tool.

clipboard_image_0.png

Select all of your fields.

ReplaceChar([_CurrentField_], "#", "")

Cheers,

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @umidjon you can use a multi field tool to replace within the fields you select.Multifield170919.PNG

umidjon
5 - Atom

Thanks it worked like a charm. I was overdoing in my google searches.

Bigmonki
8 - Asteroid

Hi Joseph, @JosephSerpis 

if in my field I have something like 00UTIL or IPWORKSHOP, how would I write the expression to remove the first 2 characters, so I want to remove the 00 or the IP?

Many thanks in advance for any help you can provide

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Bigmonki 

Try this in a formula tool: 

Substring([Field],2,length([Field])-2)

Cheers!

Esther

Bigmonki
8 - Asteroid

Fixed, thank you. The hardest part for me, I know what I want to do but don't know how to express it in formulas ans that.

I am getting there slowly, the community has to be the best there is on the Web, no other forums are as eager to help as people on Alteryx.

JB0007
5 - Atom

Hi All, I am struggling to remove the following from my field " A^ " , I have tried the the above formula in a multifield formula but no luck, any assistance? I think it may be due to the special character

Snipaste_2023-11-21_10-43-24.jpg

sparksun
11 - Bolide

@JB0007 

It seems you are trying to remove the character from multiple field names, Dynamic Rename tool will be the right tool for this case.

Labels