Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

reading a pdf with multiple sheets

LeeJD
5 - Atom

I have just got the Intelligent Suite and am trying to read in data from a pdf with multiple sheets.

I can get it to read from the first sheet with the very simple flow below, but I want it to do this for the next 59 sheets in the pdf file too.

How would I go about doing this?

Would I need to create some sort of macro or am I missing something in how Image input/Template works?

Any advice would be appreciated.

pdf_reading.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

If you have more than one page on a PDF document, all pages will be listed on the Image Input tool.

LeeJD
5 - Atom

Thanks for the response.

I can see all of the pages, but does that mean I have to go to each sheet and select each area for each sheet?

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

I see what you mean now, you are trying to apply the same template on many pages. You will need to build a macro for that. 

LeeJD
5 - Atom

Ok - just wanted to check I wasnt missing anything.

Thanks for the reply again.

pkasik
5 - Atom

Have you manged to build the macro?

Isd_1999
5 - Atom

Hi. I'm a newcomer in Alteryx. Could smb send a workflow as an example? It's relevant now for me.

Labels