Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

"no sheet specified" error when a sheet has been specified (Dynamic Input)

Kirstin
9 - Comet

Hi All, 

I'm get a " no sheet specified" error in Dynamic Input tool when a sheet has actually been specified.  This was working before lunch, but when I came back, I got the error.  I didn't make any changes. 

What am I missing? 

This is driving me nuts. 

Kirstin

sheet error.PNG

16 REPLIES 16
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus
Can you try:

File name.xlsx|||Sheet1

Cheers,

Mark
Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
vijayasaharan
6 - Meteoroid
HI
For some reason that didn't work out either. However I tried to delete the Dynamic Input tool and read it again and that for some reason seemed to fix the issue.

Vijayasaharan Rajagopalan
NBCUniversal
Technical Lead, Global Media Operations
Office: 1-818-777-1423 | Cell: 1-747-203-2508
Email: vijayasaharan.rajagopalan@nbcuni.com
RobF11
5 - Atom

I added  formula tool between the directory tool and the dynamic input witch concatenated the sheet name FullPath = [FullPath]+'|||sheetName'

Capture.PNG

bhushanrele
5 - Atom

The same issue for me - even after following the thread.

Please help

Regards

Bhushan

Bigmonki
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Just wondered if you ever got a fix for this? I have exactly the same issue, I have tried all of the suggested fixes and still get the error "No sheet specified". Really frustrating as if I remove all the other sheets in the work book so the one I need is the only one there, it works no problem?

ekimrey
5 - Atom

This worked for me; however, it slowed the process down.  Added about 20% more to the run time.

Anand_Parekar
7 - Meteor

Please add formula tool EXACTLY as below between directory and dynamic input tool: 

It should work!

Labels