Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

"no sheet specified" error when a sheet has been specified (Dynamic Input)

Kirstin
9 - Comet

Hi All, 

I'm get a " no sheet specified" error in Dynamic Input tool when a sheet has actually been specified.  This was working before lunch, but when I came back, I got the error.  I didn't make any changes. 

What am I missing? 

This is driving me nuts. 

Kirstin

sheet error.PNG

16 REPLIES 16
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus
Can you try:

File name.xlsx|||Sheet1

Cheers,

Mark
Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
vijayasaharan
6 - Meteoroid
HI
For some reason that didn't work out either. However I tried to delete the Dynamic Input tool and read it again and that for some reason seemed to fix the issue.

Vijayasaharan Rajagopalan
NBCUniversal
Technical Lead, Global Media Operations
Office: 1-818-777-1423 | Cell: 1-747-203-2508
Email: vijayasaharan.rajagopalan@nbcuni.com
RobF11
5 - Atom

I added  formula tool between the directory tool and the dynamic input witch concatenated the sheet name FullPath = [FullPath]+'|||sheetName'

Capture.PNG

bhushanrele
5 - Atom

The same issue for me - even after following the thread.

Please help

Regards

Bhushan

Bigmonki
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Just wondered if you ever got a fix for this? I have exactly the same issue, I have tried all of the suggested fixes and still get the error "No sheet specified". Really frustrating as if I remove all the other sheets in the work book so the one I need is the only one there, it works no problem?

ekimrey
5 - Atom

This worked for me; however, it slowed the process down.  Added about 20% more to the run time.

Anand_Parekar
7 - Meteor

Please add formula tool EXACTLY as below between directory and dynamic input tool: 

It should work!

Labels