Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

"no sheet specified" error when a sheet has been specified (Dynamic Input)

Kirstin
9 - Comet

Hi All, 

I'm get a " no sheet specified" error in Dynamic Input tool when a sheet has actually been specified.  This was working before lunch, but when I came back, I got the error.  I didn't make any changes. 

What am I missing? 

This is driving me nuts. 

Kirstin

sheet error.PNG

16 REPLIES 16
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Kirstin,

Before you call an uber to get you to "crazy town", please let me see if I can help.

https://meetings.webex.com/collabs/meetings/join?uuid=M8F3FNZF2CERAF407AEXG7Y46S-UCSL&epwd=588050323...

I'm online now.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
mborriero
11 - Bolide

Hi Kirstin, I believe that the reason is because you are not including the sheet name in the full path. (I wonder why was it working before?)

to make your dynamic input works, your FullPath shall be in the format:

C:\Users\MBorriero\Desktop\Documents\MSXI\Honda HME\1 - CAR AFTERSALES\DATABASE\2 - KPI's Database\UK\Original\Branch Aftersales UK 90Ki.xlsx|||<Sheet Names>

Why do not you try to use an input tool, using an * to collect all your files, selecting <list  of sheet name> as query?

Capture.JPG

Then you can use the dynamic tool using the option Change File/Sheet Name, or you can create a string as above with a formula tool and use the option "Change Entire File Path"

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Kirstin,

While we were coming to the same conclusion that @mborriero came to we can confirm that the solution was the need to modify the full file path to include "|Sheet1".

Glad to help and sorry that you won't be at Inspire17.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Kirstin
9 - Comet

Thank you!

NJT
11 - Bolide

I'm having the same problem but with a Directory Tool where I'm trying to pull in the latest workbook and then a specific sheet in that book. It seems like the solution may be to add a formula tool before the Dynamic Input tool to add the sheet name I'm interested in to the fullpath from the directory input tool. My question is though what if the sheetname changes each time I don't want to have to modify it is there a way to bring in all the sheet names oh yes there is so I could bring another input tool in and join it up where I read all the sheet names in... gotta love Alteryx just writing out the question helps you get to an answer sometimes. I'll try it out and see if it works.

TomWillo
5 - Atom

I am having a very similar issue. I have tried inputting the sheet name ("|Example") at the end of the file path and it did not change the outcome. The Dynamic Input continues to error with the "No Sheet Specified". I have also checked every single data type to ensure they are matching up. I have spent a couple of hours on this issue and I don't think I am able to resolve it. Help please!

See screenshot below:

Capture.PNG

TomWillo
5 - Atom

I am having a very similar issue. I have tried inputting the sheet name ("|Example") at the end of the file path and it did not change the outcome. The Dynamic Input continues to error with the "No Sheet Specified". I have also checked every single data type to ensure they are matching up. I have spent a couple of hours on this issue and I don't think I am able to resolve it. Help please!

See screenshot below:

Capture.PNG

vijayasaharan
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All

My workflow has been running for almost 5 months and now it started throwing an error indicating that there is no sheet name.  

I have workflow with Directory and this calls the macro which has the input tool . I am lost as why this stopped working.. Can you please let me know how I can add the sheet name dynamically ?

Thanks 

quantruong
5 - Atom

I got the same issue after trying to fix it with the instruction in the thread, can anyone please help?

Thanks a lot.

Labels