Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

"Unable to translate alias" when trying to connect to DB using dynamic input tool

AkisM
10 - Fireball

I can connect to the database normally with the normal input tool. I can even see my SQL query returning results in the Dynamic Input Tool preview where I press refresh before finalizing the tool's settings. But trying to actually run the workflow I always get the error "Unable to translate alias" at the dynamic input tool.

Why is that? The query is correct and it clearly can pull data or else its preview window wouldn't even get populated. I would really like to use a Dynamic Input tool instead of a normal one as I'll be having user inputs modifying the SQL query and from what I understand it's best practice to use a dynamic input tool in those cases since it has a built in interface for how to handle SQL query modifications

2 REPLIES 2
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @AkisM 

Could you share more about the modifications you've configured in the Dynamic Input tool settings?

AkisM
10 - Fireball

My dynamic input tool didn't have any specific settings, just the default ones + modify SQL query radio button selected. Turns out the issue was that I must've unknowingly been trying to run a workflow that was located on the gallery, and the alias needs to be edited to run a gallery app locally or something. Works fine if I'm creating the workflow locally and then uploading it.

Labels