Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

"Turn On" or "Turn Off" or Enable/Disable Connect In-Database with List Box

ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

I have a brain block here and I'm looking for some inspiration.

I'm trying to speed up one of my existing applications by allowing the user to choose which databases they would like to include. Currently I filter downstream with list box / filter combination, but I'm wondering if anyone has ideas on how to enable/disable the Connect In-Database Tools at the start. My goal is to optimize the speed at which the query runs for users that are only interested in viewing data from one database.

2018-12-18_12-18-05.png

5 REPLIES 5
WillBowman
9 - Comet

I don't think the list box can quite do it but you can use check boxes to turn off the tool containers.

Good luck.

Will

Capture.PNG

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Tool Containers are typically the best option to enable/disable tools. If you can share more information on the List Box contents we could help with the action formula.

ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Yes!!!

I did not know containers could be enabled/disabled in an application! Exactly what I needed.

Thank you @CharlieS and @WillBowman!

GMD
5 - Atom

if i use containers, and disable them, the container blocks the rest of the connections after the container, how can i block some steps on the flow and activate them without affecting the rest of the flow?

Thacyo
5 - Atom

Did you get it? I'm trying to do that as well.

Labels