community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

"Search for tools, help, and resources" bar only returns Alteryx Community website

Highlighted

The top right search bar in Designer only returns the community, and does not return the other features such as tools, tips, etc. For example, when searching for the "transpose" tool, I am not able to see the tool, nor the option to click on the example (see screenshot).

Any ideas on how to correct this feature is much appreciated. 

Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello Scott,

Have you tried clearing your Internet cache?  Otherwise I think a reboot of the machine should do the trick.  If the problem persists please can you contact support@alteryx.com to investigate further.

Thanks,

Nick 

Alteryx
Alteryx

Hey @ScottByrd!

Couple questions to attempt to help;

1. Did this functionality work previously and stop working or has this always been an issue for you?

2. Can you please respond with what version of Alteryx you're using? Also, did you install the admin or non-admin version?

3. If you have access to, can you try running Alteryx as an admin by right clicking on the Alteryx icon and selecting "Run as Admin" when opening the application?

Best,
Zak

Nick,

I just reopened Designer and the issue is no more. I will keep this in mind for the future and will notify support if it resurfaces.

Thanks,

Scott

Zak,

I don't have admin rights (the firm I work for does) so I am not able to do that. I am on the 2018 version, however I had to use my tech support staff to troubleshoot a licensing issue this week, which may have caused the issue. 

As noted in my previous reply, the issue has resolved itself after rebooting the following day. I will follow up if this becomes a problem in the future.

Thanks,

Scott

Labels