Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

"PowerPoint found a problem with content in..."; Image Tool Linked to Render

eac333
5 - Atom

My company uses a flow that converts a set of .PNG images to a single PowerPoint presentation, and later sends that PowerPoint to a set of email addresses.

Since updating to the latest version of Alteryx (2020.4.5.12471, Admin Install) this workflow has generated PowerPoints that warn "PowerPoint found a problem with content in..." before opening (though do open formatted correctly to the eye) - which is unideal for a client-facing output.

This occurs on multiple machines / installs, and I have tested that even if I isolate the flow to just two tools (Image --> Report) it will produce this error with ANY image inputted (.PNG, .JPG, etc.; single or a set of images; any source). However, this problem only seems to crop up with PowerPoint exports (2007, pptx), so for example outputting as a .PDF works OK.

Are others having this issue, and if so are there any workarounds you've found fruitful?

10 REPLIES 10
brgilbert
7 - Meteor

We are having the same issue and haven't found a workaround, yet.

RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@brgilbert  @eac333 This looks like an issue outside of Alteryx and in Powerpoint / Microsoft.

Could you see if Method 2 here solves the problem ie. change the trust center settings?

https://www.systoolsgroup.com/updates/fix-powerpoint-found-a-problem-with-content-error/

brgilbert
7 - Meteor

@RishiK Thanks for doing some research on a solution.  I tried out Method 2 and did not have any success. 

eac333
5 - Atom

Hi Rishi,

Thanks for the suggestion.

Unfortunately, it didn't solve the problem at hand. Just to note:

1. The script worked fine before we updated Alteryx to the most recent version. It exported fine on the previous version, and:
  2. The issue is replicated when we generate the PowerPoint on any of our companies' Alteryx machines / licenses. The needs repair warning similarly presents itself on all machines: and for this use case:
  3. The PowerPoint gets sent at the end of the script to (external) clients' email inboxes. Accordingly, it wouldn't be appropriate for us to ask them to intervene with their computer settings so they can open our content without warnings (which used to open with no problems).

Is this something you can replicate on your machine too; simply feeding images (.PNGs) into the image tool and generating as PowerPoints? As I say, visually the PowerPoint appears fine; it just warns before opening it.

Cheers,

Ed

RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@eac333 @brgilbert I am looking into this further, but I'd recommend raising a Support Ticket with support@alteryx.com also in parallel.  Our Support Team can also look into this as the same time potentially.

JoshML
Alteryx
Alteryx

Configuring the Render Tool to output to PowerPoint results in the file requiring to be repaired when accessed. This behavior was seemingly introduced in v2020.4 of Designer. You can submit a support request, referencing item DE28304, should you be experiencing this particular behavior.

jvansistine
9 - Comet

I recently came across this same issue when writing to PPT from the reporting tools.  I can't find anything about item DE28304 in the release notes for 2021.1, so should I assume it's not corrected yet?

JoshML
Alteryx
Alteryx

@jvansistine  Correct. If you haven't already, you can submit a Support Request pertaining to this issue. Your request will be associated to the tracking of such and upon the behavior having been addressed you'll be automatically notified.

NicolasSz
11 - Bolide

We are experiencing the same issue... That's bad. We cannot use Alteryx to produce powerpoint. At least natively... 

Labels