Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

"Different Schema" warning

jaydelim16
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I have 4 files (Classroom A.xlsx, Classroom B.xlsx, Classroom C.xlsx, Classroom D.xlsx) with similar Sheet name and column headers, but the first and last column have a different Type in each file (some are V_String and others are Double). Therefore, when I use the Wildcard function to input all at once, only 2 of the 4 files get loaded. The other 2 get a "different schema" error and are skipped.

Goal: I want all 4 files to load and I want the first and last column to read as V_String for all 4 files. 

While this example is only using 4 files, my actual dataset contains 100+ files so my understanding from reading other posts is I should use a Batch Macro.  I dragged the Control Parameter tool onto my canvas and linked it to my Input Tool, then I need help with the next steps.

jaydelim16_0-1631732337102.png

Q1:  In the Interface Designer Mode, what should I select under "Select an action type:"?

jaydelim16_2-1631733945615.png

Q2:  What should I do after selecting "Auto Configure by Name (Wait Until All Iterations Run)"?  [If that's in fact the right setting to choose]

jaydelim16_1-1631733850302.png

Q3:  I need step by step guidance from there (I am confused how to actually apply the macro to the input tool and get the desired output).  Screenshots much appreciated, thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor
jaydelim16
7 - Meteor

Awesome this worked great - I appreciate you for pointing me to the right article!

Labels