Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

"Choose table or specific Query" Window missing

cow123
5 - Atom

Hello All,

I have Alteryx version 11.5.1.31573.  I am using the Input Data tool connecting to Oracle Database.   I click on the button in the Input tool "3 Table or Query" but the "Choose table or specific Query" Window does not appear.   This was working a week ago but now it is not.. 

I am able to run the workflow and the Input Data tool does pull data. 

I have also checked to see if the window was hidden behind the screen but it is not there.

I have tried restarting the app and restarting the computer.

Would anybody know how to correct this issue?  Why the "Choose table or specify Query" window not showing up?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
WayneWooldridge
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

This sounds like a driver issue.  I'm not sure how you are connectingt to Oralce (ODBC, OCI), but I recommend starting here (https://help.alteryx.com/current/index.htm?_ga=2.196430063.29240485.1524488566-1789162194.1523914998...) and confirm you have the supported driver installed. 

cow123
5 - Atom

Hello All,

I was able to get a workaround from Alteryx Support team. 

Instructions:

1.  You need to get to a different query (not using Oracle connection)

2.  Set the Table or Query view to open the SQL Editor by default pictured below.

Workaround.jpg

betterkay
5 - Atom
jakeyehnj
5 - Atom

Hello,

I am running into a similar issue that I was not able to open the SQL editor. I tried the work around method you suggested and it worked. Just wondering, were you connecting to a 32-bit ODBC table? In addition, did the problem ever get fixed for you (besides the work-around method)

Thanks,

JY

Labels