Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

"Choose table or specific Query" Window missing

cow123
5 - Atom

Hello All,

I have Alteryx version 11.5.1.31573.  I am using the Input Data tool connecting to Oracle Database.   I click on the button in the Input tool "3 Table or Query" but the "Choose table or specific Query" Window does not appear.   This was working a week ago but now it is not.. 

I am able to run the workflow and the Input Data tool does pull data. 

I have also checked to see if the window was hidden behind the screen but it is not there.

I have tried restarting the app and restarting the computer.

Would anybody know how to correct this issue?  Why the "Choose table or specify Query" window not showing up?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
WayneWooldridge
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

This sounds like a driver issue.  I'm not sure how you are connectingt to Oralce (ODBC, OCI), but I recommend starting here (https://help.alteryx.com/current/index.htm?_ga=2.196430063.29240485.1524488566-1789162194.1523914998...) and confirm you have the supported driver installed. 

cow123
5 - Atom

Hello All,

I was able to get a workaround from Alteryx Support team. 

Instructions:

1.  You need to get to a different query (not using Oracle connection)

2.  Set the Table or Query view to open the SQL Editor by default pictured below.

Workaround.jpg

betterkay
5 - Atom
jakeyehnj
5 - Atom

Hello,

I am running into a similar issue that I was not able to open the SQL editor. I tried the work around method you suggested and it worked. Just wondering, were you connecting to a 32-bit ODBC table? In addition, did the problem ever get fixed for you (besides the work-around method)

Thanks,

JY

Labels