Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

"Change Entire Filepath" Output functionality not working

jeffjose33
7 - Meteor

I am trying to update my output file with the current date when the workflow is run. I have set up the following formula in order to create the filename: 

jeffjose33_0-1646153861744.png

I am specifying the appropriate file path to replace the current filepath, and I believe I am following any required formatting in order for this to work:

jeffjose33_1-1646153974753.png

However, I keep getting an error: "You must specify a file name." I've tried the process on a much smaller workflow and everything seems to be working fine, so I am not sure what's going on and would appreciate any help. 

5 REPLIES 5
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @jeffjose33 

Try giving 3 pipes (|||) before sheet instead of 1

Make it |||Summary

jeffjose33
7 - Meteor

Hi @atcodedog05 ,

I actually tried that as I posted the question, still no luck. 

jeffjose33_0-1646155045503.png

It's starting to really confuse me as I just tried it with a much smaller file and it works with no issue. Whenever I run the following workflow, I get no errors and the name of the file updates itself from 'text' to ' TEST2022_03_01.xlsx'. 

jeffjose33_1-1646155155464.png

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @jeffjose33 

Interesting indeed can you share with me the snapshot of the error you are getting in the result log.

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I could be wrong (currently not at my PC to test), but do you need to set your excel output option to 'create new sheet' rather than Overwrite file?

Cheers,
TheOC

Bulien
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

_

Labels