Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

"Apending" entire sheet to excel output

KevinDW
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I have been searching everywhere however I do not see if anyone else has tried this before, or if it is even possible.  I have my data flow all built and the final piece I am trying to do, if it is possible, is to have a second sheet in that excel output of my data be populated with static information.  It is not the end of the world if this is not possible, just more of an ease of use so my colleagues then do not have to track down information to decipher what the output is.  It would always be on the output.

2 REPLIES 2
Raj_Singh1
9 - Comet

Screenshot 2020-11-12 append.pnghi @KevinDW 

please configure as per the screenshot. i hope it answers your question

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

HI @KevinDW ,

If you are trying to output to Sheet 2 then Sheet3 for example, or to output to a tab for current month (a common one) then you need to create a formula for your output path:

"C:\Users\<User>\Documents\Test\"<Filename>+"|||"+<month>

Then configure your output tool as follows:

mceleavey_1-1605225592899.png

This allows you to dynamically determine the sheet name and paste the new data to that sheet accordingly.

I hope this helps.

M.

Bulien

Labels