Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

python "Pyramid" library?

Matthew
11 - Bolide

I'm starting to get the hang of the python tool in alteryx, but so far ive only used the packages that come pre-installed.

But now i'd like to use the pyramid library or the pmdarima library.. Does anyone know how that would be installed in Alteryx?.. And then if i do that, can it also be installed in a private gallery?

3 REPLIES 3
Matthew
11 - Bolide

update:

i tried:  Package.installPackages("pmdarima")

it almost worked, but i got this error:

ERROR: Could not install packages due to an EnvironmentError: [WinError 5] Access is denied: 'c:\\program files\\alteryx\\bin\\miniconda3\\envs\\jupytertool_venv\\Lib\\site-packages\\webob'
Consider using the `--user` option or check the permissions.

im currently running the administrator version of alteryx designer.. but maybe i need to launch it as an administrator? (i dont have administrator credentials)

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Matthew 

Yes.  To install python packages to c:\program files\... you need admin privileges.  That's one of the benefits of using the non-admin version of Designer.  It installs in c:\users\{UserName}\appdata, so you have complete freedom to modify it in any way.

Dan 

Labels