Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

python code inside work flow

avidey
5 - Atom

Hi new to this tools . Is it possible to add python code inside work flow . E.g I read file from excel then that will connect python logic and the final output will save destination ? 

5 REPLIES 5
AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @avidey, if I understand your objective, you can achieve this using the Python tool in Alteryx which has an embedded Jupyter notebook inside it.

The Python tool will read data from excel upstream (i.e. you use Alteryx's regular Input tool to read excel data and pass it into the Python tool) as a DataFrame, you apply your relevant Python logic to this DataFrame, and finally, pass it back into Alteryx downstream as a DataFrame.

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

@avidey - You may want to read the following: https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/python-tool 

avidey
5 - Atom

Thanks for reply . I don't want to use  any tools  like Jupter / Data brick . I will only use Alteryx tools where 

Step 1: I will connect input toold to read csv/exce/text/db 

Step 2 : Alteryx filter 

Step 3: introduce ( embedded ) python code inside Alteryx tools  

Step 4: Alteryx will connect destination 

S_Streck
7 - Meteor

You want to build a Workflow like this.

S_Streck_0-1611332863303.png

Get Input Data, Apply Filter, Handover Data to Python and send the Python output to some files.

To use Python within the Workflows you need to configure your Tool Palette and display the "Developer" Set.

Within the Developer Tools you find the Python Object.

avidey
5 - Atom

looks like you gave very good suggestion . Let me try 

Labels