Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

prevent other to alter our workflow.

shivama429
6 - Meteoroid

HI All,

Suppose I create a workflow and share it with the client, is there a possibility that I can lock or prevent my workflow from alteration by anyone else without have password or something.....

Regards,

Shivam Arora

3 REPLIES 3
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@shivama429 ,

If you convert the workflow to a macro, you could encrypt it and prevent changes. 

cheers,

mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@shivama429 
This is a function "Lock Workflow".

https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/lock-your-workflow

Warning

Once you lock a workflow, you can't unlock it.

LockWorkflow.png

pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

Hi @shivama429 

Clicking on the Menu above in Alteryx Designer and going to Options -> Advanced Options -> Lock Workflow. You will have the options to lock your workflow when sharing it with other people. You will be able to select the Serial Number you want to use in order to assign to someone  who will be allowed to open and modify the workflow. This is optional, in case you just want to simply lock it without assigning people who can open it, you can simply not select this option. And just to be clear, you will not be locking the existing version of the workflow, you will then be creating a copy of it that will be locked. So then you can decide what you want to do with the locked version (share it?) and with the unlocked version (delete or keep it).

pedrodrfaria_0-1609118856051.png

Pedro.

Labels