Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

preSQL statement in Alteryx output

Shaaz
9 - Comet

Hi,

I've developed a simple workflow where in Filter tool, I'll have a condition.

True part will go Table1 output and False part will go Table2 output.

Table2 output has some pre-sql statement.

How do I stop running pre-sql statement in Table2 output if there are no records in False case.

Capture.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I think you can make use of this post in tandem with the block until done tool.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/Stop-workflow-on-a-condition/ta-p/19890

A configuration like in the below image should help you achieve your goal.

BenTest Dont Write.png

Shaaz
9 - Comet

Thanks for such a quick response.

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Sorry I actually think it should look more like this! Though I'm sure you got the idea!

Bob.png

Ben

Shaaz
9 - Comet

Hi, Thanks for this but workflow will stop completely. Suppose in a single workflow I've multiple containers with different business rules,the workflow of other container will not run. How do we tackle this ?

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

A set-up like this could work.

LikeThis.png

The append one is perhaps the key one (/strangest one) as you are using the tool to essentially say, 'despite this stream being unrelated I want to process this before it moves onto step two of the block until done'.

In this type of instance you should sample a single line and append this against the data stream you want to transform you would take no records from the 'source' side as you aren't actually interested in this information.

Ben

Labels