Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

pivoting

Pultayap
7 - Meteor

Hello All, 

I have a table which is like below and ı would lıke to pıvot ıt to second one whıch also below 

how can ı do this in alteryx? when ı upload this table to alteryx.x.school and y.school looking like row as normal. so when ı try to use transpose 

it has been fail. so ı dont know what to do exactly . ıf you help ı ll be appreciated

Thanks,

ss.png

5 REPLIES 5
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Pultayap 

Can you please share this excel file. We will be happy to help 🙂

Pultayap
7 - Meteor

Hi @atcodedog05 

I added below side 

Thanks,

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Arrange tool is very easy.

But it is not dynamic.

AkimasaKajitani_0-1603589251746.png

You have to type Description(x.school,y.school).

AkimasaKajitani_1-1603589284680.png

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I make dynamic pattern.

If your field name consists of two lines, you'll need to be creative in using Transpose(but many excel files have 2 field names).

I have 2 pattern of workflow. There may be more efficient workflows , but please refer to them.

Pattern 1 is normal. Pattern 2 is more shorter version because making field name to adding spice. 

In both patterns, I organize the field names before the Union tool and then Transpose.

AkimasaKajitani_0-1603590854418.png

I like the Arrange tool because it's easy to use, but if I need to do it dynamically, I do my best to use Transpose.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Pultayap 

Sorry for the late response.

Here is my approach for the task.

Input:

atcodedog05_0-1603594843309.png

Output:

atcodedog05_2-1603594902896.png

Workflow:

atcodedog05_3-1603594917432.png

Hope this helps 🙂

If this post helps you please mark it as solution. And give a like if you dont mind 😀👍

Labels