Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

past N rolling weeks from max week

jcardoso
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

i'm struggling converting week-year to dates using Alteryx only, we need a macro or workflow that, given the current table, creates the desired table, as per below, giving the N last weeks for each of the entries

N is the number of rolling weeks back. If N is different than each id would have N number of rows.
Probably best if It will find the most recent week and build the logic from there.

jcardoso_2-1623072660127.png

Thank you so much for any help,

Regards,

4 REPLIES 4
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @jcardoso ,

A good place to start is reading this post which talks you through how to convert the week number - year to a date based on the ISO format 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Exact-week-number-conversion-to-date/t...

Then you only need to use a generate rows tool that will generate N(your variable) weeks in the past, which will essentially subtract 7 days from the dates you calculated above.

Hope that helps,

Angelos

DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

hi @jcardoso 

You can try using an iterative macro to take in the N input in order to do the lookback.

and another macro to go through each line that you want to do the look back for.

The date conversion should be well explained in the link shared by @AngelosPachis above, although from the "Sample output" you do not seem to need conversion from String to date output?.

Dawn.

jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Hi @jcardoso ,

Here's a solution that gets you most of the way there.

There is a discrepancy with a few of the weeks which shouldn't be too difficult to resolve with a better understanding of the ISO date format and the %U function. I don't have time to finish it up right now, but posting my work so far in case this helps.

jcardoso
8 - Asteroid

Tried you approach but no luck so, I've cheated! Used the .py tool to get it, it just much simpler! 

s = week_tbl(1,'W22-2021',5)

Macro attached! 

Thanks for all you help!

Labels