Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

overwrite sheet on previous day excel file using render

prthmesh111
8 - Asteroid

i am having excel file which contains 10 sheet, out of which 6 sheet will be overwrite and other 4 sheet will remain as it is, other 4 sheet contains the formulas in it so it should remain as it is, the other 6 sheets are coming from two input files which contains some new records that should be overwrite in the new excel sheet created from previous day along with that the rows that contains the numeric value less than 0 for integer datatype, color should be highlighted in red

eg - 2021_03_11_ABC_Filename  (previous day filename with 10 sheets)

2021_03_12_ABC_Filename  (today filename with 6 sheets overwrite it and color for numeric value less  than 0                                                               highlighted in red)

I am able to achieve using below steps

1) using copy script in bat file 

2) overwrite sheet drop in the output table (but the color formatting is not achieved)

tried using the render tool as well but only new file with 6 sheets are created

1 REPLY 1
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @prthmesh111 

When you use a Render tool, the entire file is overwritten - you therefore can't "keep" certain sheets, while just overwriting some others.

If you want to use Render, you'll have to create the new sheets 1st, and then use the Copy command to copy the other sheets you want to keep from a previous version of the file.

Alternatively, if you're using Alteryx 2020.1 or later, you can use the option in the Output data tool to keep the Excel formatting in the sheets you're overwriting, but this also has limitations as you can only do this when writing to a specific cell range. 

If you can post some example data, I can help you further

Labels