Oh no! The Community appears to be haunted! Help us find all the spooky specters here.
We are currently experiencing an issue with Email verification at this time and working towards a solution. Should you encounter this issue, please click on the "Send Verification Button" a second time and the request should go through. If the issue still persists for you, please email support@alteryx.com for assistance.

Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

output is not showing headers?

jackersantos
7 - Meteor

I need an output file from the Join section which does not contain any information, but at least the headers should be shown. When I check the Join I can see there is no info, and that the headers are there, but it shows as zero kb and the output is not written. Does anyone know what might be the cause of it?

jackersantos_0-1594830440467.png

7 REPLIES 7
echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Is there data in the L and/or R output of the Join?

The J output will show you any matching records between the two based on the Join criteria. It looks like there are not common values and everything is falling out.

jackersantos
7 - Meteor

@echuong1  There is data in L and R. But what we are looking for is something that matches (J). In this case, yes there is no matching information to be shown in J, but at least the headers should be showing, or am I wrong?

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

That is correct, and your headers are present as shown in your screenshot. The record count will be 0 because they do not actually contain any data.

If your issue is resolved, please mark this as solved so others are able to find answers more easily. Thanks!

jackersantos
7 - Meteor

@echuong1 just to make sure, I will only get an output file when at least one row is present? if there are only the headers the output will not be generated? It is weird because I have already worked with workflows that output a file with only headers, even if there are no rows...

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

No, you will get an output either way.

jackersantos
7 - Meteor

@echuong1 that's the issue, I'm not getting any output..

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Can you post a copy of your workflow with data packaged so I can troubleshoot? To package the data, go to Options > Export workflow. I'd need the .yxzp file that is created.

Labels