Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Andy Uttley, Alteryx ACE, makes music with Alteryx | Math + Music

one module to execute another module

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

Hi, I tried to follow this article http://alteryx.force.com/alteryxcommunity/AlteryxArticle?id=kA0E00000000ZYg to use one module to execute another module but get Error: Designer x64: The Designer x64 reported: Error running Event #1: The external program "C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\AlteryxEngineCmd.exe" returned an error code: 2

Is there any logs I could check ?

Event.JPG

Highlighted
12 - Quasar

Hi

did you install server version of alteryx on your machine

i think this will work ONLY when you have installed server version 

try to run this on your server version installed box

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

How to verify whether is server version or not ? I'm using Alteryx designer

Highlighted
12 - Quasar

go to your system setting from your designer and navigate to setup type and check the below

Server.PNG

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

is complete Alteryx server

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

Now I albe to trigger another module aftere testing in alteryx server version.But it same always trigger next module even the condtion is false. What I want is if Flag = YES then trigger next module but now it always trigger next module regredless flag is yes or no

TEST.JPG

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi there,

There are a couple of ways to do this, firstly you could have that command created into a batch file and that batch file only created if the FLAG=Yes... You could also set it up as an app and Chain them using the options in the Interface designer... And if needed, you could even have the flag checked in the next module to work out whether that processes normally, long way around, but still technically possible

But what you are describing is basically the exact situation that the Conditional Runner Macro by @AdamR would be used for. Check out his Macro pack at http://www.chaosreignswithin.com/2015/10/crew-macro-pack-2015-q3-release.html. There are a couple of Runner Macro's there, but the Conditional Runner is what you are after.

Kane

Highlighted
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

It looks like there is an error in the module you're trying to run via the Event ("...returned an error code: 2)

To find out the error code values you can go to the folder containing AlteryxEngineCmd.exe (mine is in "C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin") in the command prompt and type "AlteryxEngineCmd" -- you get samples of how to use it and a description of the error codes, but here they are --

0 = Success

1 = Warnings Exist

2 = Errors Exist

As for logs you could check, you could set up an Event in your DailyLoading workflow that emailed you "After Run" because the email includes a copy of the output log.

Highlighted
Alteryx Partner

Hi,

I am trying to run workflows sequentially using the event option, 

alteryxerror.PNG

but I am getting the following error after running the workflow.

Error: Designer x64: The Designer x64 reported: Error running Event #2: The external program "C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\AlteryxEngineCmd.exe" returned an error code: 1: The system could not find the environment option that was entered.
(203)
Error: Designer x64: The Designer x64 reported: Error running Event #3: The external program "C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\AlteryxEngineCmd.exe" returned an error code: 1: The system could not find the environment option that was entered.
(203)
Error: Designer x64: The Designer x64 reported: Error running Event #4: The external program "C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\AlteryxEngineCmd.exe" returned an error code: 1: The system could not find the environment option that was entered.
(203)

but as you have mentioned error code 1 means the following events 2,3,4 contains warnings, yes they do. Since they don't contain any error then why alteryx is returing an error.

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner
Alteryx Certified Partner

Not a solution but an alternative. I prefer to use the list runner in CREW macro pack. That also gives you a great Log.

http://www.chaosreignswithin.com/

Labels