Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

nearest dates using interface

Vasyl11
6 - Meteoroid

Hello Community,

Hope you could help with the problem.

So, let say we have the customer ABCD and selected one contract with signing date 24-10-2019.

Then we would like to identify all other contracts that were signed in near period (+/- 50 days from 24-10-2019).

Please see attached flow. The question is - is possible to enter the date throu interface so that it subsequently was pulled to formula tool or is there any other way to resolve the issue using interface with another toll?

Thanks a lot!

3 REPLIES 3
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Vasyl11 
I hope this is what you need.

0615-Vasyl11.png

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @Vasyl11 ,

Two ways that pop to my head is to either use a date interface tool or a text interface tool.

AngelosPachis_1-1623743296340.png

The Date interface tool will allow for a calendar to appear in the interface, from which the user can select any date. The text box will allow your user to type anything, so you should make sure that whatever they type is in a date format (i.e. yyyy-mm-dd) else your workflow will error.

AngelosPachis_0-1623743067869.png

Also, in the action tools you have to select which expression of the formula you want to replace; as you can see from the screenshot above, I have selected to replace the date under the Signing date tested column.

Finally, because of the interface tool, your workflow will be converted to an app (suffix .yxwz) and you will only be able to run it as such if you double click on it. If you want to edit the underlying workflow, you can right-click on the app and select edit, or drag and drop the app on your Alteryx Designer instance

Hope that helps

Vasyl11
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you!

Labels