Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

multidimensional SQL connector

maxtla
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

somebody has already experience with multidimensional SQL connector?

like the SSAS?

found this link:

https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/SSAS-Connector/5da5b2e8826fd3112c85d012 

any help will be welcome!

thanks
Monica

7 REPLIES 7
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

What is your question around this? Are you trying to connect to one? 

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
maxtla
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

yes, actually is a database coming out from olap...and has a lot of hierarchies and levels...and quite difficult...I have already the access to tableau, but I do not know how to do it via alteryx...and I saw the video from SSAS connector...and I´m just asking if somebody has experience with something similiar...

Do you?

regards

Monica

AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @maxtla, Alteryx natively doesn't pull data from OLAP systems. There are 3rd party connectors that enable users to make the bridge between OLAP cubes (like the one you shared) and Alteryx but they typically tend to be a paid service. Alternatively, you could explore making MDX queries via Python scripts and integrate it within Alteryx using the Python tool.     

simon
11 - Bolide

Hi Monica,

Funny, I don't know that app and the app I used is no longer on the public gallery... That one had a visual studio solution that I downloaded. The only thing I had to do was update references to dll's (ADO connector) and rebuild the solution. The resulting SSAS.exe can be used in run command tool in Designer. Only thing you need is server name, and mdx query. It's pretty fast (as OLAP should be). 

I attached zip containing the vs solution if you want to play with it. 

Simon

maxtla
8 - Asteroid

Hi Simon,

thanks a lot for your reply.

I tried several times, but I cannot get into the ADO connector...I´m beginner a little bit...maybe can I call you or do you have time to help?

will appreciate it very much!

thanks

Monica

simon
11 - Bolide

hey Monica,

yeah DM me.

maxtla
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Thanks for your reply...I asked this connector (the one I shared) SSAS...but they do not do it anymore...and to be honest I need something like that...do not know how they could cost...cause the I have no experience with that MDX queries via Phyton...no idea...do you have experience with those connectors? will appreciate your advice...

thanks and regards

Monica

Labels