Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

multi row

SM2
6 - Meteoroid

how can I set value 0 for all rows before row =3 and all rows to 1 after row =3 ? and maybe with the help of record ID?

SM2_0-1573160296119.png

5 REPLIES 5
bpatel
Alteryx
Alteryx

hi @SM2 ,

you can use the formula tool to build out the if statement. 

bpatel_0-1573161360883.png

bpatel_2-1573161371974.png

i hope this helps!

SM2
6 - Meteoroid

thank you @bpatel 

sorry forgot to mention that its not always the case row =3. so we can have row =2. so technically the way to think about it is if RecordID=Rows then everything before that is 0 else 1

bpatel
Alteryx
Alteryx

@SM2 , 

i see here is an updated solution. please let me know if this works.

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @SM2,

I achieved this with the use of two formula tools and a multi row, then used the select tool just to clean up the columns.

(1) Formula replaces Null values with 0 in [Rows] field

(2) Multi row creates a new field [RunningTotal], containing a running total of [Rows] field

(3) Formula embeds logic to check [Rows] field against [RunningTotal] field to determine whether the row is above (and should return 0) or below (and should return 1)

image.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know! I've attached my workbook for you to download if needed.

Regards,

Jonathan

SM2
6 - Meteoroid

thank you both @Jonathan-Sherman  and @bpatel . Both solutions work for me!

Labels