Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

multi row formula, with more scenarios

EtamSoko
8 - Asteroid

hi Everyone,

hope you are not only able to help, but also explain me the logic behind the solution.

I need to compare 2 same dataset from 2 different sources. I already organized them into 1 Record ID for further needs so it looks like this now.

RecID Priority Source

1         2           A

1         2           B

2         2           A

2         1           B

what I want is to update Priority field as follows: IF priority value in A and B sources are = then leave priority value in B line as it is, if not = then copy thethe value from above. It doesn't matter if any of the field is empty, I need to copy down empty fields as well from Source A Prio to Source B prio. 

I would really appreciate if you could write a few words of the solution, I am a bit lost with which is Active row and how to set it this case.

thanks a lot!

MateK

2 REPLIES 2
zajaccount
9 - Comet

Hi,

fromat what I undestand, this is in fact just one condition - if the scenario is B, then take the priority from row above, if not - leave priority.

In this case, this should work:

if [Source] = "B" then [Row-1:Priority] else [Priority] endif

EtamSoko
8 - Asteroid

@zajaccount thanks for this. Instead of taking a step back and looking at it differently, I started to overcomplicate it...thanks!

Labels