Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

messy text string clean

BosKev
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

any way to clean up the string samples below into an ideal output? as you can see there are many names, punctuations that I do not want to see. My goal is to clean up this field and bee able to put the clean up text into various category. Thanks.

sample text
FEE FOR PROFESSIONAL SERVICES RENDERED IN RESPECT OF AN APPLICATION FOR SHORT STAY WORK VISA . FEE APPROVED BY xxxxx ON -OCT-. AUD$. +GST CONVERTED TO USD - OUT OF SCOPE
GOVERNMENT FEES PAID ON YOUR BEHALF. AUD .
FOR PROFESSIONAL SERVICES RENDERED WITH RESPECT TO THE COORDINATION OF IMMIGRATION REQUIREMENTS - WORK PERMIT CANCELLATION - USD 
FOR PROFESSIONAL SERVICES RENDERED WITH RESPECT TO THE ASSESSMENT FOR WORK PERMIT   USD, 
GOVERNMENT FEES PAID ON YOUR BEHALF - RESIDENCE PERMIT . CNY

ideal output
FEE FOR PROFESSIONAL SERVICES RENDERED IN RESPECT OF AN APPLICATION FOR SHORT STAY WORK VISA
GOVERNMENT FEES PAID ON YOUR BEHALF or GOVERNMENT FEES PAID
FOR PROFESSIONAL SERVICES RENDERED WITH RESPECT TO THE COORDINATION OF IMMIGRATION REQUIREMENTS
FOR PROFESSIONAL SERVICES RENDERED WITH RESPECT TO THE ASSESSMENT FOR WORK PERMIT
GOVERNMENT FEES PAID ON YOUR BEHALF - RESIDENCE PERMIT
2 REPLIES 2
cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hey @BosKev,

I was able to get pretty close to what you are looking for. It may be easier to do some sort of find replace with this, but I wrote a formula that gets most of the cleanup done for you. Obviously if there are any new rules introduced you would need to adjust this formula. I have attached the workflow for you to see.

BosKev
8 - Asteroid

Thanks, this works ...was going the Regex route then but it would only clean one thing at a time.

Labels