Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

memory/cache in Alteryx

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Dear community,

I have one query that would like to clarify regarding on the cache /memory in the Alteryx.

As i created the workflow which involve many formula calculations as per screenshot ,some column are not appearing in the final result despite i have checked the specific column.

SH_94_0-1622960428334.png

I have to run multiple times in Alteryx or close the Alteryx and open the workflow running again. Sometimes, i would need to restart the laptop and run the workflow again.

All the steps above i didn't amend anything and just click the run button. I would need to run the workflow multiple times in order to reflect the latest desired output that i want.

May i know if anyone facing this issue before and any tips on this?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

2 REPLIES 2
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @SH_94 

We're going to need a lot more details with this one.  

"some column are not appearing in the final result".  What do you mean by this?  Are you saying that if you run the same workflow with identical inputs, you get different results?   

Is your workflow using any random number formulas or are you using the Create Samples or Random % Sample tools and then performing a cross tab on the results?  If so the random factor could be some rows to be selected on one run and not on the other.  Using a cross tab with different input rows results in different columns being generated.

Are you writing the some results to a file which is used as the input for the next run?

Dan

DataCurious_Shaan
7 - Meteor

@SH_94 

I Have seen this before when doing 10 of more Formula calculations in 1 Formula tool. 

My top tip here is to only have a max of 5 per Formula tool. Add in a new Formula tool and add another 5 and so on.

The beauty then is troubleshooting becomes easier and you can see the changes step by step 🙂

Shaan

Labels