Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

macros issue on the Alteryx Server

rahulshetty925
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

My batch macros(.yxmc workflows) setup using Alteryx designer and Alteryx Scheduler are not working when I migrate to the Alteryx Server.

Purpose of using batch macros - I use batch macros to separate two containers in my workflow to run one after the another.(first container sends a snippet in the email to our users and the second container sends out a attachment).Also both have their own separate logic but run at one time.

Alteryx Server Error - Macros stored in the Gallery cannot be run and are intended to be downloaded and opened in Alteryx Designer.

Is there a workaround to this on the Alteryx Server. Let me know.

Thanks,

Rahul S

3 REPLIES 3
DavidSkaife
13 - Pulsar

Hi @rahulshetty925 

I assume by Server you're referring to the Gallery? Try changing the configuration in workflow settings to either 'Standard Workflow', or 'Analytic App' (if you need to have a user running it provide any input) before uploading it to the gallery.

DavidSkaife_0-1645722301550.png

rahulshetty925
8 - Asteroid

Hi @DavidSkaife ,

It is a batch macro, I can't change the settings. Macro is selected by default in the configuration window.

I need the containers to run after another, that's the reason I'm using a batch macro.

Looking for some workarounds around this.

Thanks,

Rahul S

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @rahulshetty925 

I think I see what's happening. You saved the macro itself to the gallery as a stand-alone item. You should save the workflow that is using the macro to the gallery. When you save it you can see that the macro is being included in the workflow assets section of the save pop-up.

Labels