Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

<ul> HTML tag, not recognized by render tool

craigja
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Im downloading via an API some data from a website, one of the fields is a bullet list in html and when I pass this into the render tool (via the report text tool) it does not like the <ul> tag.  Any ideas how to get round this?

<ul><li>Relief from making available to vendors, <em>best bid</em>, offer, and quote sizes of members.</li><li>Program establishes alternative venue for execution of retail orders, new order types.</li>

Would be an example

3 REPLIES 3
craigja
8 - Asteroid

Does not like <li> either!

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @craigja 

I haven't encountered this exact scenario before, but I'm going to make some educated guesses. I imagine that the PCXML/Composer format that defines Layout fields in Alteryx may not accept all the possible layout commands that HTML supports (like the list commands you mentioned). That being said, it should still be possible to achieve the bullet list you desire by inputting a bullet character with a Report Text tool and appending/arranging using the Reporting tools that Alteryx offers. 

As for the <em>, it's my understanding that this is emphasis, which means italics, for which <i> should be supported in PCXML (I know <b> for bold is). 

The attached example is a bit messy, but shows how this could be done. 

zheny0010
6 - Meteoroid

I have line breaker as "_x000D_ _x000D_ _x000D_"  not sure which language it belongs to. But I am going to adopt your method to translate it into a line breaker

Thanks!

Labels