Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

layout tool question - vertical layout issue

DanielG
12 - Quasar

I have 2 layouts which are combinations of tables/charts.

When I vertically layout out the two sections together for final report structure, I can get the vertical stacking to work, but I can not get a page break to occur between those 2 layout sections.  If I leave the orientation just as "Vertical" if understandably crams the data in there and page breaks when it runs out of space.

When I try Vertical Sections breaks the separation occurs BUT it drops the charts at the bottom of the second layout and only displays the tables.

very frustrating.  

6 REPLIES 6
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @DanielG 

Can you get us some dummy data with your layout to try and see what is happening along with your worklfow?

Regards

DanielG
12 - Quasar

I know, I should have done that initially.  I am trying to figure out how to do that as it is a rather large process with very business specific information/structure in there.  To create that will likely take some time, but I will try to get something loaded up today.

I had posted the question without it just in case it could be answered without the information.

DanielG
12 - Quasar

@afv2688

Here is a sample.  I removed all the actual data manipulation upfront to keep the focus on the data as it heads into the table/chart building and then the numerous layouts that are used to try and piece it together.  Everything looks good up until you get toward the end when the last browse ends up looking different them the temp PDF that gets created.  Cant figure this one out to save my life.  🙂

Thanks for any help that can be provided with this one.

DanielG
12 - Quasar

FYI - it is in 2019.3

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @DanielG,

This is my idea,

Put it on the container on the bottom.

hope this is what you were looking for

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Regards

DanielG
12 - Quasar

Awesome!

Thanks for the assistance.

Labels