We are aware of an issue with the Search bar. Please use Advanced search for the time being while we troubleshoot. Thanks for your patience as we work on improving the community!

Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

keeping data types and field lengths from json input

ptchill
5 - Atom

I'm doing regular input tool file format json. code page Unicode utf-8. It gives me the 2 columns that I can run through a txt to columns and I can cross tab afterwards. After using the cross tab tool I get the data how I want it to look. This part I have no problems with.

When I look at the select tool afterwards I am getting type as v_wstring and size at 2048. The couple of other examples I came across on the board when trying to find this out also looked like this.

Is there a way to get the data types and size from my json input? don't really have any dummy data to show or use. 

2 REPLIES 2
joshuaburkhow
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi @ptchill 

You can put a field info tool after the input 🙂 

joshuaburkhow_0-1582591360599.png

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
ptchill
5 - Atom

The json input tool just has the 2 fields so I get type v_wstring for both with a crazy high size bc you need to do the transformation to get it into a table format.

That was my instinct too but since it didn't give me what I was looking for that's why I posted. Thanks for your help.

Labels