Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

join if these match?

becki
8 - Asteroid

the end result needs to be a file with all description fields filled in.  the first input file is raw data, each line has at least field, the VO image, which is completely unique to the whole file.  the fields i'm keying on though are may not be unique, like there can be multiple rows with model year=2018 and body code=210, but the VO field will be unique.  the second input is a list of descriptions by code, like body code.  I tried to join by model year and by body code, btn the files so i then could replace the blank body description field with the actual body description field, the output of the joined records are duplicated, meaning i had one unique row, now i have 2 of the same row, after the join.  

how do i do basically a lookup from the second input of "if model year=2018 and body code=210, replace body description with "big car" and not replicate each joined line?

thank you

becki kain

2 REPLIES 2
ivoller
12 - Quasar

Can you provide sample data?

becki
8 - Asteroid

I apologize, I didn't realize the input data was not as expected.  I will post the question with data.  thanks

Labels