Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

iterate assign value from another table based on groupings with running total limits

Gina2021
8 - Asteroid

Hi Community!

I have a fun one here, but have no idea how to go about it. Any clues much appreciated!

I'm making a work assignment for a team of 3, based on how many days each employee will be in the office that week.  Each row is one piece of work that needs to be assigned out.

Rule1: If ID-Loc-Order has duplicates, that particular group must be assigned to the same person

Rule2: runningTotalAssigned can't exceed workloadAssigned, or exceeds as little as possible in order to accommodate Rule1 first.

Gina2021_0-1620261618906.png

Gina2021_1-1620261639086.png

I filled in the "sample idea output" manually....I don't know how to:

STEP 1: iteratively assign

STEP 2: ensure that no one was assigned too much work

Thanks so much for taking a look!

Gina

2 REPLIES 2
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Gina2021 

It is indeed very interesting yet challeging one. Thank you.
I came to the point that assign equally and the result is that "Nina" is assgined "a  little" more.

Since the ID-Loc-Order is having many 1, so we should be able to assign perfectly equal, still working on how to close the loop.

0506-Gina2021.PNG

Gina2021
8 - Asteroid

This sounds absolutely brilliant @Qiu ! Thank you TOOOONNNNNSSSSS for sharing your time and expertise!!!!!!! I absolutely can't wait to get back to this project.  Had a breakfix come up this morning that's keeping me from it atm; shucks!!!!!

Labels