Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

issue occurances within a column

slckkrky
8 - Asteroid

Issue ListIssue List

Hi all

I am receiving a daily file which shows data failures  for a field and appending information to a master file. When there is no error at a given date, a record on OP ID  99999 is created.

I would like to count how many times an issue happened and how long it took to resolve it. I tried summary tool but I can only get first and latest date the issue happened. However trick is that I would like to count the issue per operation id for each individual occurrence. For example for Op Id 542145, 2 different times error happened and it took 3 day to fix in total (2 days for first error, 1 day for 2nd error), so result should be 2 error 3 days. For 545287 op id, there is 1 error resolved in 2 days.

Can you advice me how to tackle this?

12 REPLIES 12
slckkrky
8 - Asteroid

Hi Mmenth

Which version are you using because Sorry to repeat but I see different result than yours. The yellow highlighted error value must be 1 however it calculates as 2.

Additionally in original calculation you are using " DateAdd()" which is not a valid function in my alteryx therefor I change it to " DateTimeAdd()".

Capture3.PNG

Thank you

Selcuk

mmenth
11 - Bolide

Ahhh good catch. I forgot that the 'DateAdd' function is not in the standard Alteryx package.

Try using this formula for the multi-row tool:

IF [Op Id]=[Row-1:Op Id] AND [Run Date] = DateTimeFormat(DateTimeAdd([Row-1:Run Date],1,'day'),'%Y-%m-%d') THEN [Row-1:error] ELSE [Row-1:error]+1 ENDIF

Best,

mmenth

slckkrky
8 - Asteroid

Yeah after I make the change on summary tool as below, this is exactly what I need. Thank you very much :)

Capture.PNG

Labels