Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

issue occurances within a column

slckkrky
8 - Asteroid

Issue ListIssue List

Hi all

I am receiving a daily file which shows data failures  for a field and appending information to a master file. When there is no error at a given date, a record on OP ID  99999 is created.

I would like to count how many times an issue happened and how long it took to resolve it. I tried summary tool but I can only get first and latest date the issue happened. However trick is that I would like to count the issue per operation id for each individual occurrence. For example for Op Id 542145, 2 different times error happened and it took 3 day to fix in total (2 days for first error, 1 day for 2nd error), so result should be 2 error 3 days. For 545287 op id, there is 1 error resolved in 2 days.

Can you advice me how to tackle this?

12 REPLIES 12
slckkrky
8 - Asteroid

Hi Mmenth

Which version are you using because Sorry to repeat but I see different result than yours. The yellow highlighted error value must be 1 however it calculates as 2.

Additionally in original calculation you are using " DateAdd()" which is not a valid function in my alteryx therefor I change it to " DateTimeAdd()".

Capture3.PNG

Thank you

Selcuk

mmenth
11 - Bolide

Ahhh good catch. I forgot that the 'DateAdd' function is not in the standard Alteryx package.

Try using this formula for the multi-row tool:

IF [Op Id]=[Row-1:Op Id] AND [Run Date] = DateTimeFormat(DateTimeAdd([Row-1:Run Date],1,'day'),'%Y-%m-%d') THEN [Row-1:error] ELSE [Row-1:error]+1 ENDIF

Best,

mmenth

slckkrky
8 - Asteroid

Yeah after I make the change on summary tool as below, this is exactly what I need. Thank you very much :)

Capture.PNG

Labels